und läuft monatlich am 2. Donnerstag von 13:06 bis 14:00
und monatlich am 4. Donnerstag von 13:06 bis 14:00
und als Wiederholung monatlich am 3. Freitag von 11:06 bis 12:00
und als Wiederholung monatlich am 1. Freitag von 11:06 bis 12:00
You enjoy listening to poems? Responding to them? Discussing them? Even analyzing them?
On every second and fourth Thursday, at 13.06, we do precisely that in a series of programmes, in English.
For example, we read poems by Roger McGough, Liverpool pop poet of the 1960s and now the presenter of BBC Radio 4' s popular request programme 'Poetry Please'. And yes, we too at Freirad hope that you will ask for particular poems to be read and discussed.
A taster? Here's a short poem by Roger:
Once upon a love
we spent our nights
blowing kisses across
now we spend them
throwing plates across the kitchen
We hope your relationship is not quite like this! Mind you, it is said to be an old story: "It starts when you sink into his arms, and it ends with your arms in his sink."
We'll also be listening to pop songs and talking about them. After all, so many poems are singable. Take Leonard Cohen, for example. Also, many English composers (eg. Benjamin Britten) set poems to music.
In our programmes we will also be running a Poetry Workshop. Here you can learn how to actually write poems. In fact, we will be running a Poetry Competition.
So, "Turn on, tune in and drop out", as the 1960s guru Timothy Leary said!
MacherIn: Sandra Milne-Skinner, Andrew Milne-Skinner
Speziell zur Sendung am
Freitag, den 15. November 2019:
The Island of IONA
Playlist: texts read and music played
1. Dugald MacPhaill: The Isle of Mull
2. John Campbell: Iona of the Green Hills
3. Mendelssohn: Hebrides Overture (Fingal's Cave)
4. William Wordsworth: Iona, Glory of the West
5. Kenneth Clark: Civilisation
6. Alexander Campbell Mackenzie: Benedictus
7. Adomnan: The Gift
8. John Hearne: The Seagull
9. (Traditional, sung in Gaelic): O Boatman
10. Walter Scott: Lord of the Isles
11. Columba: A Prophecy
12. Granville Bantock: Hebridean Symphony
13. Shakespeare: Macbeth (II, 4 & III, 5)
14. Cuimine: on Columba
15. James Boswell: Dr Johnson on Iona
16. William Keddie: Iona
17. Arnold Bax: Symphony no. 4
18. Meg Bateman: Peploe and Cadell on Iona
19. Kenneth Steven: Three Haikus on Iona
20. Robert Crawford: Icolmkill
21. Kenneth Steven: Iona - The Other Island
22. Kenneth Steven: Looking Forward (to Iona)
23. T.S. Eliot: from Little Gidding (Four Quartets)
24. Arnold Bax: Symphony no. 3
Nachhören in der Radiothek der Freien Radios Österreichs
no images were found