und läuft monatlich am 1. Dienstag von 20:00 bis 21:00
The reading group of some 30 members founded by Andrew and Sandra Milne-Skinner is now in its third year. Each month we meet in a members home to discuss a contemporary book in English, usually a novel.
In this monthly radio programme 3 or 4 of us get together in the studio to discuss the book of the month by sharing impressions and insights.
MacherIn: Sandra Milne-Skinner, Andrew Milne-Skinner
Speziell zur Sendung am
Dienstag, den 04. Juli 2017:
- The story of the beggar on the railway station platform
- How would we describe Shostakovich's character?
- His early career: Symphony No.1, 2nd. movement (Czech Philharmonic, Ancerl)
- 'Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk' (opera) and the article in 'Pravda'
- Symphony no. 5, 1st movement: 'A Soviet Artist's Response to Just Criticism'? (Royal Concertgebouw, Haitink)
- Irony as mental self-defence?
- Why the title 'The Noise of Time'?
- 1940s/50s: Zhdanov - Soviet Repression
- Emotional refuge in the String Quartets
- Symphony no.10, 2nd movement - a 'portrait of Stalin'? (Arrangement for Piano Duet; Orchestral version, Philharmonia, Rattle)
- Really a 'fictional biography'?
- A good read?
- Jazz Suite no.2 (2nd and 1st Waltzes)