und läuft monatlich am 2. Donnerstag von 13:06 bis 14:00
und monatlich am 4. Donnerstag von 13:06 bis 14:00
und als Wiederholung monatlich am 3. Freitag von 11:06 bis 12:00
und als Wiederholung monatlich am 1. Freitag von 11:06 bis 12:00
You enjoy listening to poems? Responding to them? Discussing them? Even analyzing them?
On every second and fourth Thursday, at 13.06, we do precisely that in a series of programmes, in English.
For example, we read poems by Roger McGough, Liverpool pop poet of the 1960s and now the presenter of BBC Radio 4' s popular request programme 'Poetry Please'. And yes, we too at Freirad hope that you will ask for particular poems to be read and discussed.
A taster? Here's a short poem by Roger:
Once upon a love
we spent our nights
blowing kisses across
now we spend them
throwing plates across the kitchen
We hope your relationship is not quite like this! Mind you, it is said to be an old story: "It starts when you sink into his arms, and it ends with your arms in his sink."
We'll also be listening to pop songs and talking about them. After all, so many poems are singable. Take Leonard Cohen, for example. Also, many English composers (eg. Benjamin Britten) set poems to music.
In our programmes we will also be running a Poetry Workshop. Here you can learn how to actually write poems. In fact, we will be running a Poetry Competition.
So, "Turn on, tune in and drop out", as the 1960s guru Timothy Leary said!
MacherIn: Andrew Milne-Skinner, Sandra Milne-Skinner
Speziell zur Sendung am
Donnerstag, den 14. März 2019:
Spring (WDH von Mai 2015)
Texts read and Music played:
- 'On Hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring', Frederick Delius
- 'Spring: the Cuckoo', William Shakespeare
- 'Home Thoughts from Abroad', Robert Browning
- Symphony no. 6 ('Pastoral'): Allegro ma non troppo, Ludwig van Beethoven
- 'Seeing Daffodils', Dorothy Wordsworth
- 'I wandered lonely as a cloud', William Wordsworth
- Violin Sonata in F major ('Spring Sonata'): Rondo, Ludwig van Beethoven
- 'Loveliest of Trees', A.E. Housman (poem)
- 'Loveliest of Trees', Arthur Somervell (song)
- 'The Banks of Green Willow', George Butterworth
- 'It Might as well be Spring', Sarah Vaughan
- 'Spring is Here', Ella Fitzgerald
- 'Wisna' ('Springtime'), Frederic Chopin
- 'Im wunderschoenen Monat Mai', from 'Dichterliebe', Robert Schumann
- 'I so liked spring', Charlotte Mew
- 'Last Spring' (from 'Two Elegiac Melodies'), Edvard Grieg
- 'Spring', from'The Four Seasons', Antonio Vivaldi
Nachhören in der Radiothek der Freien Radios Österreichs
no images were found